The heartless girl | Teen Ink

The heartless girl

By JustinBlaesing DIAMOND, Racine, Wisconsin
JustinBlaesing DIAMOND, Racine, Wisconsin

"It takes a second to say I love you but a lifetime to show it" " Love is like the air we breath. It may not always be seen, but it is always felt, used, and needed"

She broke my heart
And walked away
I lost everything,
Everything that meant something

She was the one,
The one for me
I wish she would come back,
Come back to my arms safe and sound

Where has she gone
She took my heart with
But there is nothing left,
Nothing left of my heart

She said she would be back
Its been a year since I saw her last
She is never coming back
She is the heartless girl with a heart,
With my heart

I wrote this poem on September 15, 2010. I wrote this when I was thinking of a girl who I dated for the longest time. It felt like forever. I found out by my own experience that love is never forever. She took my heart and stabbed it with an arrow. I never knew how bad it felt to lose a girl that I loved. She walked away leaving me in tears. I never got her back, and maybe it’s for the better. I hope you enjoy this poem, and maybe you can relate to the feelings that are being expressed. Thanks for reading. Please comment

Mr. M said...
Ohhhh dear.  Let's learn a lesson from that comment I just posted and PROOFREAD before we click Post.  The spelling in that thing is atrocious. 

Mr. M said...

I know how tough it can be to watch someone you love move on without you.  It hurts a lot, and your poem does a very good job of expressing thhat feeling of loss.  Now let me tell you a secret I have learned...

There is not just One person for you. There are LOTS of Ones.  It's just a matter of time before you met them.  It's true what they say-given enough of it, time does heal all wounds.