I Just Smiled | Teen Ink

I Just Smiled

By BassGtrGirl BRONZE, Colorado Springs, Colorado
BassGtrGirl BRONZE, Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

She asked me what kind of music I listen to
I just smiled and said “Everything”
I should have said “The good kind”
Or “The kind that makes it feel like your nerves became firecrackers on the 4th of July on some backwoods patio”
Maybe even “The kind that can make your day better than any amount of candy or hugs or kisses or sunshine ever could.
Sometimes even the kind that makes your lungs love the sweet salt on the bottom of the sea as fish swim by
Occasionally the kind that lifts you up above the clouds to fly with the birds and the stars
Often the kind that builds the mountains and the sunrises to chase day after day until the sun stays in bed
Even the kind that makes the rain confetti and thunder cheers and lightning flashbulbs to capture this party
Have you ever heard the kind that causes the center of the earth burn molten hot, but stirs the fire inside of you hotter?
Or the kind that melts winter’s crust and sets lightning bugs free from their Mason jar captivity?
What about the kind that creates colors not contained by the color wheel?
Because that’s the kind of music I listen to.”
But I saw in her eyes that she wouldn’t understand
So when she asked me what kind of music I listen to
I just smiled and said “Everything”

People are always asking me what kind of music I listen to, but I never have the right answer. I guess now I do.

JohnDeereGirl DIAMOND, Westerlo, New York

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I'm not"
"Somewhere betweeen us talking, you saying I deserve better, and you making me laugh when I wanted to cry, I fell in love with you."

Holy cow....this is so amazing!!! I totally love it!!!

Write On said...
on Nov. 8 2010 at 7:58 am

This is absolutely gorgeous and I am so proud of you!