Lie to me Gently

Lie to me gently
With words sweet as honey
Licking my lips
Desiring more

Lie to me gently
With soft hands that play
Touching more than skin
Whispering across my heart

Lie to me gently
Caressing my thoughts
Every reassurance
Leading me away

Lie to me gently
With a softness
Too gentle to know the truth

Pray, lie to me gently
So that it may be gentle
Without you

AviiRose said...
Absolutely gorgeous. The flow of this piece is brilliant, it's not too fast as to get the reader confused and too caught up to really take in each line for what it is, but it's also just fast enough to give it a little edge. I love how each stanza has the repeating line "Lie to me gently". I tend to do that with my own work, and absolutely love when I see others do it too. It's very deep, and yet versatile. Seemingly it could be about relationships, simply and un-requited love, someone deep... (more »)

breath_of_air replied...
Nov. 5, 2010 at 5:23 pm :
Thank you so much for reading my work. It means a lot to me. You know, I have actually had people tell me that love isn't real. And sometimes I just don't know how someone could say that. But when you mention hates the idea of affection yet longs to be touched, that is really something original. And honestly, that statement will probably inspire a future work of mine. Thank you, a hundred times over.

AviiRose replied...
Nov. 6, 2010 at 1:06 am :

Your work is incredible! I can't help but read. I usually don't read other people's writing unless its like, novels from favorite authors, because I feel kind of competitive. But your work, is actually, really good. So you're welcome <3 

How could love not be real? At the time, non-existent probably, but definitely not fake or a lie. Thank you! Go for it, I'd be curious to see what you make of it! 

Your welcome, a hundred times over!