White Picket Fence | Teen Ink

White Picket Fence

By renee0015 BRONZE, Strongsville, Ohio
renee0015 BRONZE, Strongsville, Ohio

I need the house,
With a white picket fence.
I don’t need siblings,
To tease and share memories with.
Or a father,
That shows his unconditional love.
My life could be quite far from perfect,
I’m willing to compromise my hopes and desires.
I just need the house,
With a white picket fence.

on Nov. 6 2010 at 10:12 am
elizabethjoy GOLD, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

“Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product.”
Eleanor Roosevelt

This is really good. I think I know how you feel - being able to settle with not the best, just because all it takes is that one thing to feel alright.

Take a look at some of my work too!

on Nov. 5 2010 at 9:17 pm
coolkidd21 BRONZE, Waterloo, Iowa

Men have called me mad;but the question is not yet settled, whether madness is, or is not the loftiest intelligence-whether much that is glorious- whether all that is profound - does not spring from disease of thought- from moods of mind exalted at the expense of general intellect." - Edgar Allan Poe

I love this poem, I can totally relate to the feel of, you know, just being done with people and having a place that's sanctuary..that's what I get from the poem at least. I'm sorry if I totally lissed what you're getting at.

on Nov. 5 2010 at 8:16 am
i agree with Michelle24, good but confusing. In a good way! I hope you continue writing poems, you are really good!

on Nov. 4 2010 at 4:11 pm
Michelle24 GOLD, Riverwoods, Illinois

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."-Dr. Seuss

"Life is not measured by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away."-Unknown

I don't completely understand but I really like it all the same, the way the end ties with the beginning. It's a good short poem! Please check out some of my work if you can!