Beach

I sit by the ocean loving the frothy water on my toes and then my heads in the sand and I’m slipping away lying here letting the waves wash over my feet and right now there is no such thing as no and I’m thinking its funny how a song can trigger a memory, a smell, a taste, a touch and a big yellow ball is sneaking behind the sea and suddenly in a big explosion of red and purple and blue, day has morphed into night once again and all of the chaos is retreating to hide under a thick blanket of sparkly stars and now its time to gather my senses but what can I hold them in all I have is my hands and I try but oh no they’re slipping through the cracks between my fingers and falling on the floor and I try to pick them up but I just drop more and they’re so slippery and I cant seem to catch them all and am I going crazy because I want to see what’s over the edge but I’ m too afraid to look down? And I’m not the boy who cried wolf I’m just a little confused so please don’t stop running and I just want to go home but I don’t know where that is anymore