The Kingdom This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

See here now,
these are the
wheatfields of Kansas:
sanctuary from delirium.
Where every scarecrow
is fully armed
with bayonet and
rifle to protect
his newfound brain.
These dusty men
patrol the highways,
ever watchful for
tornadoes and witches.
This is the
domain of the
Lord of Ruin,
whose eyes are
hazel from insanity

Your fortune teller
Had it wrong
This
is the way
the world ends.

Bang.

fiNd_THe_fLaMEThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...

lovely(that is an old person word), this poem kind of made me laugh a little in a good way! keep writing so i can continue reading! ;D

ps. please read rate and comment on my work. i could use some good feedback from a poet like you!

QuiltCocoon said...
I think my fingers fell off from all the snaps I just gave you.

chocolatesummerlaughterbliss This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
You sure you're a teenager? :) That was excellent!

Boosflash This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
yeah what she said. it's unique and I loved the ending. your poem is one of my favorites, and of all these poems, I only have like three favorites. I even bookmarked this page. you should write more stuff. I'll read it. so go for it. bang.

the_Horsegirl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow! This was a really unique poem. You're a really good writer.

xjustlistenx said...
loved it its differant than most of the poems on here also loved the ending...bang!

ZeeZee said...
I really like this, just the descriptions..it's really...different, which is good, lol

a.rose.in.bloom. said...
great poem :) i love the ending!

Hallieinthewings said...
Hahaha, I really liked the way you explained that.
The end threw me off when it took a different direction, but it still sounded cool. Made me smile.