Gossip Hurts | Teen Ink

Gossip Hurts MAG

Gossip hurts
Popular or not
Sheltered by the quiet
I hide the hurt

on Mar. 4 2015 at 1:58 am
TheSkyOwesMeRain GOLD, Irvine, California

Life isn't measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments which take your breath away.

You are only as strong as your weakest link.

I agree, and it also seems a little choppy. While it certainly delivers a good point across, I think it could be a lot stronger if you added in a few concrete details to make the poem more anchored in the moment.

LilJ<3 GOLD said...
LilJ<3 GOLD, Gloucester, Virginia
good job very straight foward and to the point. i believe you have captured what a lot of poeple are feeling. good job and congrats on being published.

RachelEliza PLATINUM, Virginia Beach, Virginia

I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when theyre right, and sometimes good things fall apart so that better things can fall together -Marilyn Monroe

I just think it needs alittle work. kudos for telling the truth, but it just seems simple. simple can be beautiful, but so can attention to detail.

smithling said...
Extremely true. It was the perfect way to get the point through to the reader. :)

on Jul. 13 2009 at 2:53 am
annkaykay2011 DIAMOND, Lansing, Michigan

"I am who I am, sorry, no changes."

Its very straight forward to the point.

LIKEwhoaa GOLD said...
on Jul. 13 2009 at 2:29 am
LIKEwhoaa GOLD, Carrollton, Texas

The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become.
-Charles DuBois

wow. how did you even manage to do that!? it takes extreme talent to get such a strong point across in such a small, simple way. good job, keep it up:) ohh and check out some of my stuff <3

Dandelion PLATINUM, Franklin, Massachusetts
You just said everything that I've ever thought about gossip in only thirteen words.

silentlove DIAMOND, Perrysburg, Ohio

dance like nobodies watching, love like youve never been hurt, sing nobodies listning, live like its hevean on earth -mark twain
worry always about the distance and you'll never make the jump -alana marsh <3

i love this poem! its so simple but so true and gets the meaning acrosed! keep writing!