Inside My Luggage This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Nobody knows
Nobody sees
The bag that’s sitting next to me
Invisible to all I meet
The bag that hides at my feet

Keys to unlocked doors
Reminiscence of broken tokens
The worries that fill my mind
Every time I open
This beat-up bag of mine

Torn with age
And beaten with abuse
Slowly rusting its handle
Mud caked along its sides
It’s sad to see what it’s become

Heavy it weighs
For each day new wonders
Fill the hollow bag
As it drags along beside me
Heavier with each step

Never to leave
No matter how far I run
The bag will find me
It will always be there
Holding my past
The things I can never forget

the_real_reggie_rocket said...
Oct. 29, 2010 at 9:16 am
I love how this poem was so descriptive. I love the lines: as it drags along beside me/ heavier with each step. Its like this bag contains good and bad memories, but you're reminded of them with each step you take away from the bag.

D_Beauty said...
Oct. 29, 2010 at 8:34 am
I really enjoyed reading this poem. I was so actious to see how was it going to end. Great ending. I can relate to this poem so much. 

Megan M. said...
Jul. 16, 2009 at 1:01 am
I really like this because the reader can connect it to something in their life. Then at the end: "the bag will find me / it will always be there / holding my past.." It was a very creative and a deep way to end it.

_-^-_Hopie_-^-_ said...
Jul. 8, 2009 at 4:09 am
hay i love this poem :)

HayWire This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
wow. that is so beautiful. it has a perfect metaphor and is so different from what you normally see people our age write. i love it :)