A Lie

A lie, a cheat, a fake, you are. I’m surprised we came this far. But inside I hate you more. Humiliation beyond consent, what the hell did I choose you for? Your cold blue eyes, my iciest patch. Freezing my heart, my minds lost track. Your burns, my sores they worsen. Your perfect smile, now all I see is razors. Your cutting words slice my heart. They puncture my nerves while you play darts. With all the words that hurt me most. In front of crowds were so in sync. Behind closed doors you’re on the brink of flipping out. I’m then hit harder, slowly being pulled father and farther. Erasing calls I’ve already seen. Saying it’s not what it sounds like, well dude, what do you mean? You’ll say you love me; I’m your best friend. That I can’t run. You know I’ll stay so you play your mind games, and rid this of the fun. The door will open, I’ll leave one day. But some compulsion makes me stay. It could be the hurt, the pain, the lies. It could be the love, though that can’t be why. We have no love, no future I see. For the lie, the cheat, the fake you are.

jamesacolson said...
Oct. 14, 2010 at 10:21 am
Very excellent, I like the raw emotion; it can be difficult for young people to express themselves- poetry is a great outlet. Keep it up; I'd like to read more! iwrite peotry too. i read your profile and it looks like we have alot in common. i would love for you to post more. Excellent work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Della91610 replied...
hey! thanks so much for the..compliment? haha. id really like to see your poetry sometime too!