A Lie | Teen Ink

A Lie

September 28, 2010
By Della122195 SILVER, East Patchogue, New York
Della122195 SILVER, East Patchogue, New York
5 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Crying doesn't indicate that you're weak; Since birth it has been a sign that you are alive."


A lie, a cheat, a fake, you are. I’m surprised we came this far. But inside I hate you more. Humiliation beyond consent, what the hell did I choose you for? Your cold blue eyes, my iciest patch. Freezing my heart, my minds lost track. Your burns, my sores they worsen. Your perfect smile, now all I see is razors. Your cutting words slice my heart. They puncture my nerves while you play darts. With all the words that hurt me most. In front of crowds were so in sync. Behind closed doors you’re on the brink of flipping out. I’m then hit harder, slowly being pulled father and farther. Erasing calls I’ve already seen. Saying it’s not what it sounds like, well dude, what do you mean? You’ll say you love me; I’m your best friend. That I can’t run. You know I’ll stay so you play your mind games, and rid this of the fun. The door will open, I’ll leave one day. But some compulsion makes me stay. It could be the hurt, the pain, the lies. It could be the love, though that can’t be why. We have no love, no future I see. For the lie, the cheat, the fake you are.