Orphan Whisper

There stands a dingy building
where twenty orphans sleep
in a rusty room
with broken windows,
and no heat.
Of these twenty children
one will die tonight
because no heard his cries,
and no one saw him bleed,
and no one read him
Good Night Moon
before he fell asleep.
When morning comes,
empty tummies will beg for food,
lonely children will want to play,
and a dead boy will be forgotten
lost forever
in a whisper of the orphans.

Lexie96 said...

I really like this poem... it's very deep and eerily haunting in a way that is beautiful... I'm glad that you were able to rise up from that experience, because it has made you a truly gifted writer... never stop.

Think you could check out my poems sometime? I would love to hear your opinion.

justinbieberlover:) said...
omg soo sad i love it ♥<3 :):(

delilahskyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 15, 2010 at 2:18 pm :
Thank you.

AliceC. said...
That was hauntingly beautiful and really deep. One of the best poems I've ever read! :)

Oct. 15, 2010 at 4:46 am :
Thank you so much!

Camelot said...
Oct. 14, 2010 at 11:41 am:
This was so amazing. It was like I was there seeing it all happen. I can't tell you how much it touched me.

Oct. 14, 2010 at 2:03 pm :
This just made me smile. I'm glad you like it.

MARINA32 said...
simply amazing.

Oct. 14, 2010 at 2:03 pm :
Thank you.

DivineThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
That completely touched me :) keep it up :)

Oct. 13, 2010 at 3:05 pm :
Aww I will!

delilahskyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Thank you so much!

kristynn.leelove.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
this was completely deep. i love the complexity and truth inside. very creative :]

Oct. 13, 2010 at 2:29 pm :
hahah whoops I meant to reply to that- but thank you so much!

stillhere2011 said...
Wow. That was really great. Poetically, of course.

Oct. 13, 2010 at 2:29 pm :
Thanks. :-)

Coryssa replied...
Oct. 15, 2010 at 6:53 pm :
I loved this poem. I wish every orphan had somebody to love them and read them good night moon before they go to bed.

Oct. 15, 2010 at 7:03 pm :
Thank you. I wrote this from personal experience- as I was an orphan once. No one read ME Goodnight Moon.

Coryssa replied...
Oct. 16, 2010 at 10:21 pm :
That must have been rough but you have a talent. Keep writing poems. Your great at it.

Oct. 17, 2010 at 8:27 am :

It was. But now I can read goodnight moon to myself. :-)

And thank you!