Go Ahead, Do It | Teen Ink

Go Ahead, Do It

September 29, 2010
By ...Katelynn... PLATINUM, Sandy, Oregon
...Katelynn... PLATINUM, Sandy, Oregon
22 articles 1 photo 16 comments

Favorite Quote:
"True love doesn't have a happy ending, because true love never ends."

"Writing isn't that hard, you just sit at a typewriter and bleed." -Ernest Hemmingway


I know what you’ve come to tell me. Shouldn’t it be obvious by now? The hugs, the distant but close gazes, you softly running your hand down my arm and fingertips, I’ve seen it all before.

No, I don’t want to sit in the back corner. I want to sit right where we are. What difference does it make? Oh right, you have less physical control over me. It’s more difficult to make me fall for your twisted games now, isn’t it?

Stop checking your phone. If we’re going to have this conversation, it’s going to be between us. Not between a third party and us.

Don’t you dare move your chair over here by mine. Don’t you even think about it. I’m perfectly fine sitting across from you. Stop touching my leg, and don’t kiss my hand. Don’t try to romance me, you didn’t while I was yours, so don’t do it now.

Your scent is so sweet. You always smell so good, so…intriguing. I don’t want to sit by you…and yet I want so bad to smell that sweet smell on your clothes, on your body, a mix between your own indulgent scent and your cologne. Something I’ve never smelled on anyone before, it’s so unique.

I love the feel of your lips on my neck and shoulders. Well, I did at least. Now it feels like a trap. A blissful, blissful trap. Like a fudge brownie after months of Jenny Craig. It’s that good, and yet that gut wrenching.

Promiscuous Girl…I have a hard time listening to that song now. After making a duet together in the back of your parent’s car on the way back to my house. Mom and dad were so clueless, and yet it was so sexy, so romantic, so us.

I still mark your birthday on my calendar, you know. November eleventh. We don’t have school on that day this year. I almost want to go into Portland and surprise you. But I know that’s not a good idea…not for me.

“I’ll never stop trying to get you back.” Your words are still ringing in my ears. Though I can’t help but ask, why couldn’t you have thought of that before we lost everything we had? We were that couple that made everyone else jealous. You said so yourself, you want that back. Well undeniably, so do I. I’m just smarter then that…to my fortune, or misfortune, it’s debatable.

Just say what you came here to say. Let me fall for you all over again as your whisper your sweetly bitter words into my ear and kiss my neck. Go ahead, hold my hand under the table on your warm leg and kiss me. We all know where this is going. You take my heart back just because you can, because you’ve “changed”. Just like every other time. Go ahead; take advantage of my naïve heart. Break it, just because you have that power. Leave me sitting broken and alone; waiting, praying, that tonight will be the night you’ll call back.


The author's comments:
Written about my past and present, this was written on a dark night alone in my room after having a long conversation with the person behind this piece of writing. Sometimes the best writing comes out of a person through the worst of circumstances, I've come to realize.