leech

You remind me of the past
That I’ve been trying to forget
Your shadow is dark and vast
But you keep holding on
Like a leech to my skin
Sucking the blood from my veins
Keeping me trapped in what was,
And what has already been

sydni said...
Oct. 12, 2010 at 7:52 am:
you might have just made me the happiest person! you dont know how much that even means to me! =)

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i think its fine just the way it is.when you say its not long enough consider this captain, some of the best poems are like 4 lines long, and it makes these suckers go wild. nobody wants to read twenty lines about nothing.do your dance captain.

trblue said...
Oct. 10, 2010 at 10:10 am:

i really love your poem and it's everything im trying to be right now. not letting my past hold me and...

i really love your poem.  :)

sydni replied...
Oct. 10, 2010 at 10:47 am :
thank you=)! i'm always nervous my poems aren't good enough

trblue said...

i feel like it could be more, but its fine just the way it is. it reminds me of my crush im trying to forget him, but i see him every day i go to school + he has a twin. so this poem is everything i want to be not letting my past control me.

and

i would like to tell u im gone print this out and look @ it everyday. so thank you.