All For You

Love,
It was your mask.
My eyes,
Blinded, covered by the words you
Spoke.
Your walls I could not penetrate,
Yourself I never knew.
At first you kept me calm,
Now I'm forever blue.
Putting all my faith in you,
To yet be swallowed by the ground beneath me.
I hoped you could've proved me wrong,
But right I still might be.
it wasn't fair, this tug-o-war,
My heart now crumbling in two.
I can't believe the things I've done,
Who I've become.
And i did it all for you.

jamesacolson said...
Oct. 14, 2010 at 10:20 am
Very excellent, I like the raw emotion; it can be difficult for young people to express themselves- poetry is a great outlet. Keep it up; I'd like to read more! iwrite peotry too. i read your profile and it looks like we have alot in common. i would love for you to post more. Excellent work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennay. said...
A person is hard to read and even when you are officially together with that other person, is even harder. There are always new things you will learn, some good but some bad. There are surprises to come, arguments to rise, and break ups to end everything. Sometimes it’s best to keep some of that "faith" to not lose all your dignity and again, being right can be the worst feeling ever sometimes because you don't want to be right. In this situation is sounds like to be wrong is better becaus... (more »)

Della91610 replied...
Oct. 19, 2010 at 11:08 am
thanks, you really do have a point too. haha. i just felt like he had me do so much stuff i never wanted, and then when it was over i was ashamed of myself. i shouldve just respected myself from the beginning. i hope i get the point across is all.

ReenSmiley said...
Well written. I lilke lines 6, 7, 8, and 9