Rose of Sharon | Teen Ink

Rose of Sharon

By Gadzooks GOLD, Kentwood, Michigan
Gadzooks GOLD, Kentwood, Michigan

"Handle everything as gentle as you can. And what you cannot put right, you must make as little wrong as possible." Thomas Moore

An elegant figure sits upon her throne.Her luchus green servants make her food. Her white dress bobs in the wind the simple purple sweater covers her. On top of her head a stunning crown blends. Her messenger whispers the secrets it has overheard in his journey. She must not have any enimies, for she was the last rose. The biggest threat was still to come. IT was sly and quiet. Slowly taking out everyone. Then it called to the skies and sent down
snow.

I wrote this about our Rose of Sharon bush out in front. I was thinking about how it would feel to be a rose "knowing" that winter was coming.

Gadzooks GOLD said...
Gadzooks GOLD, Kentwood, Michigan

I'm sorry it took me this long to get back to you but thank you.

Thesilentraven PLATINUM, Mableton, Georgia

"il piu nell' uno," (according to Emerson, an Italian expression for beauty)

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" ~Emily Dickinson

"The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain"
~Kahlil Gibran

What a beautiful poem this is! You brought that 'Rose of Sharon' to a lifestyle that we as humans can understand, and you did it well. I very much enjoyed reading this, so very well done!