All Hallows Eve

Halloween was once about the magic.
The mystery of the night.
The things that hide in the shadows.
The things that take flight.
Witches and goblins and ghosts alike.
Faeries and werewolves and vampires.

RedRosePoet said...
Hey everyone! check out my new poem! pleaseee!!! 

bilbogirl said...
it starts off good, but i think you could have made it longer. It starts out with "once" Which implies theres something different now. Its still good though

RedRosePoet replied...
it is different now. Halloween now is just about kids dressing up and eating candy. it wasnt like that before..

Kresint50401 said...
I think you were off to a good start, but it seems to have a very abrupt stop. It rhymed and had good rhythm- then end. I guess I liked it as a start to a poem though.

RedRosePoet replied...
i'll continue the poem if you'd like. i'll post it as version 2 of this poem.

spiritualrevelationrevealspainandrevolution said...
nice, i think weve somewhat lost the soul and purpose of halloween, that definitely happened when christmas just became a way for toy companies to make cash, comment mine?

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is an enjoyable poem, and I like the somewhat eerie feeling that it creates. Well done. Ah, Halloween has lost all its religious purpose. It was supposed to just be the eve of All Saint's Day. Oh well, society turns everything secular.

wondering76 said...
Oct. 3, 2010 at 9:09 am
I thought I was the only one who called it All Hallow's Eve. Well, I am a  wiccan so this is actually a religious holliday. On this day, the line between life and death is extremely thin and if you are not careful, you can bring the spirits from the other side back to us and they could cause some major damage. As I said, this is just my religion, so my myth. Have a happy All Hallow's Eve.

EeriePoetry said...
Oct. 3, 2010 at 7:27 am
This is a short but well-written poem. It really does convey what Halloween is about, or at least, was once about.

GuitarGirl92851 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow, that's insightful. I really get what you mean by it. My family doesn't even celebrate Day of the Dead anymore.