Distractions | Teen Ink

Distractions

By JordanNicole SILVER, Spartanburg, South Carolina
JordanNicole SILVER, Spartanburg, South Carolina

\"Love is strange, powerful, and sneaky. You won\'t know it until you find it...and when you have it, never let it go!\" ~JordanNicole

I feel as if the angels have turned their backs on me. In these dark times I try to work through my issues but the fireflies distract me. They remind me of the never ending passion I once felt. This passion is gone and it’s also unforgettable.
It’s sad really, to have known someone and know that a final word was never spoken.
Turning the pages to this new life is hard. A life without him where my memories are fading each day.
I want to remember everything;
Every moment,
Every touch,
Every time when his lips caressed mine.
All of these events were habits for us. Habits that no longer remain a part of my life…just a memory that will soon… be long….forgotten.

I initially wrote this piece as a found poem. My Creative Writing class gathered many words/phrases on the board, and once I saw them, I picked the ones I wanted to use and let the words flow onto the page. I hope you enjoy this piece.

Thanks for your comments. I've been going through a really though time over the past four months. The love of my life died in a four wheeler wreck over the summer. I know that some would say they know how I feel, but honestly, I don't think you do. No disrespect intended.

on Oct. 3 2010 at 11:44 am
NatashaGabrielle BRONZE, South Hempstead, New York
Wow<3 this is simply amazing, i know how you feel