Beauty Is | Teen Ink

Beauty Is

September 15, 2010
By ldwxoxo SILVER, Fairmount, Georgia
ldwxoxo SILVER, Fairmount, Georgia
9 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Well behaved girls rarely make history.


Beauty is the dampness on the tips of flowers after a quick summer shower.
It is the smiles on young children after stepping off their first merry-go-round ride.
It is the chants and yells of football players after the winning touchdown.
It is the way two inexperienced lovers gaze into each others eyes.
It is the many ideas that run through a small child after being told they can carve a pumpkin, or paint an Easter egg.
It is the sudden flash of lighting and the low growling roar of thunder.
It is the red patches on babies’ cheeks after a long cry.
Beauty is two best friends, accepting their graduating diploma together, after being through it all.
It is the pitter-patter of bare feet on hardwood.
It is a faint rainbow in the distance.
It is a tiny child staying up late on Christmas Eve to see Santa come down the chimney.
It is the courage of those who fight for our country.
It is the sight of a firefighter carrying the American flag in the aftermath of 9/11.
Beauty is confidence, it is faith.
It is an elderly person talking about their past and how they had to “walk up hill both ways.”
It’s the blink of an eye, the grasp of a head, muffled laughter in quietness, and pictures from the past.
Beauty is life.


The author's comments:
I actually did this for a contest at school, the topic was "Beauty Is.." Sadly enough, I didn't win, but I enjoyed it.