Answers of the heart | Teen Ink

Answers of the heart

September 18, 2010
By bradl SILVER, Friendswood, Texas
bradl SILVER, Friendswood, Texas
6 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Is it what someone does that makes them who they are or rather what they think? I ponder this question often without an answer so many things affect how we view someone. Is it how we view someone that matters or how that person views themselves? As time slowly walks its course are we but a flower in a hurricane or an animal left to fend for themselves?Are we a tree that falls when no one is near? Or is it what neither we nor the someone that sees or realizes that truly makes up a person?Is it the unknown that so many are afraid of or is it the known. As we search for answers to the questions of the mind we loose sight of the wisdom of the heart. Is it us that is large or is that another? Do we claim to be by ourselves brought unto this world or are we just blind to what only the blind can see. Our eyes deceive us yet the heart does not but instead of listening to the truths of the soul we weep at the lies of the eyes.


The author's comments:
I hope that upon reading my poem people will obtain wisdom of the heart. I also hope they will challenge themselves to answer these questions. I was inspired one day while deciding I wanted to become a better person that day I poured my heart out unto what now is this poem.