Dead and Gone

They were a symbol of my
interest, of your
talent;
Their beat was contagious,
flowing all throughout the
house,
through the walls;
Everyone would want to
listen, always eager for
more.
You even tried to teach
me, but I was never as
good as you would be;
Your talent was incredible,
inexplicable,
irrevocable.
And away it went;
Gone with the wind,
gone with my heart.
When we parted..
all your soul,
all your kindness,
all your smiles,
all your beauty,
all your talent,
was left to the wind.

windswift This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 5, 2012 at 8:43 pm:
This is spectacular!  I have rarely came across a piece that can speak to so wide of an audience at the same time.  It is simple, true, and something that everyone can relate  to on any level.  I personally have lived a life of strong and powerful emotions, which has led me to great understanding, and I can understand much about this poem, not just what can be seen between the lines, but what can be seen behind the lines of your pen. 

xBaByGiRrL22xThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 9:23 pm :
Thank you so much! I'm so glad you could relate :) I was trying to write something pretty general so everyone who read it could have a piece for themselves. It relates to something rather deep for me, and I'm so happy that I could use something like that to display an outlet for other peope. Thanks again for reading ! (:

Darkchloe14 said...
Loved it. I really did.

today at 9:23 pm :
Thank you :)

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
if you mean how people live through memories when they're dead then yeah, its evident. if you're talking about something else then i think i missed the point. lessthenever, i really like this captain.

Jan. 8, 2011 at 3:19 pm :
thxx 4 da feedbackk. honestlyy, it was to be put in any perspective da reader can relate to. personally, its somethingg much deeper for me. this piece is completely imaginative; Direct, or indirect, personal, or general. (: