Fresh Start

I promised that I would leave,
you didn't buy it.
My heart was your home,
until I finally brought myself to trick you,
and you fetched the bone.
Once your back was turned,
I sprinted to the door of freedom, and
finally escaped your infamous kingdom
of disappointment and anger.
You screamed that I would be desperatley missed,
but I stopped caring the more I got pissed.
I can't even count the innumerable times you said sorry,
and I don't want to.
Between all of the things that you do,
that made me cry for you,
I can actually say that I obtained the audacity to escape from you, which was more than overdue.

windswiftThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 16, 2013 at 4:28 am:
this piece reminds me of the grain of truth hidden amongst all the lies, which we tell ourselves to attempt to salvage something we dont want to lose, this is the epitome of volition, sacraficing something you love for something you love.  descriptive in its purpose, emotionally loaded to perfection, not overdone or underworded; a great piece.

xBaByGiRrL22xThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 9:08 pm :
Thank you very much! I'm glad you could get something out of it. I haven't been on the site in a long time and so when I go back and read some of my older pieces, I try to remember the state of mind I was in when I wrote it. WIth this one, I couldn't quite revert back to that way of thinking. When I read your comment, it made perfect sense. I guess I just needed to see it put into words, haha. Thanks again for reading :)