Its Complicated

Don't leave me,
But go away.

I hate you,
But I love you.

Just listen,
But shut up.

Can I have that?
But I don't want it.

Its ugly,
But I love it!

It tastes nasty,
But can I have more?

I don't like you,
But you wanna hang out tomorrow?

I'm tired,
But I don't want to go to bed.

I love school,
But Is it time to go home yet?

I never want to see you again,
But I'll call you.

It so easy,
But its complicated.

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
That poem is exquisite! I really like the layout and the theme and all the words. It's just amazing. Love it. 5/5!

notebookladyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is so clever! And so true! :D

Sporty_Girl_Alicia_29This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is SO amazing! i love it everything is SO true(:

CallMeFelix said...

Shouldn't it be "Just listen, but keep talking?" Saying to listen and shut up is the same, while the rest are opposites...and at the end, should probably be "It's so easy"

Great work! This really hits the nail on the head about what people think and feel xD

DifferentTeenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...

just curious, how is telling someone to shut up the same as telling them to listen? I thought they were opposites.

Thank you for you comment though :)

CallMeFelix replied...
Because listening is not talking...and saying shut up is telling someone not to talk lol

oh yeah! I didn't think about it that way, thank you lol

oh yeah! I didn't think about it that wy, thank you lol

Sorry bout that, I clicked the button twice I guess

CallMeFelix replied...
No problem xD for both things lol

hancampbell said...
Nice! Only suggestion: check the grammar and stuff. A few times, you use "its" instead of "it's". Other than that, great job!

PumaPawww said...
Love this. We all think this way and its just great to see these feelings put into words (: