Faites Confiance En Moi (Trust Me) This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Let all the lies slide down
Onto a glass floor of the second story.
I'll paint it white and drill in tiny holes
So that maybe you can pretend
That it's just a popcorn ceiling.
I'll darken the lights until
these walls and barricades
Become figments of your imagination.
Whatever it takes is all it takes
To make you feel better.

Once I slip and fall
on your newly waxed floors
This illusion of ours will fade.
First you will hear the walls crumble,
Then you'll look up and see
The glass cracking above you.
Relax, it's just a popcorn ceiling.

A.Harkness said...
Great imagery! Really enjoyed this piece. 

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oooh, thanks!

Miss_Orange said...
Jun. 23, 2014 at 4:20 am
I salute thee! keep that fire of yours burning!

Ahhh, if only I could. If only I could...

JazzyJ said...
What a lyrical  genious! Keep up the wonderful work!

JazzyJ said...
 your wit always brings a smile to my face and a laugh to my stomach! I like I like. your big sis ;-)

Aderes18 said...
I really like this poem. It's exquisite, especially the imagery. :)

ohhh...she loves the imagery! i owe you a cookie captain. i really do value your inputism.

A_shy_dove said...
Jul. 15, 2011 at 2:41 am
You have a very good style of writing... I really like the sharpness of your words. My God! You are becoming an inspiraton for me. 

My Dove, My Dove, let down not your hair. I need not climb the golden stair. I need not gaurd the rear of my buzum. i am loving the inputism. My Dove, My Dove...

A_shy_dove replied...
Jul. 16, 2011 at 2:50 am
You don't think i am serious??

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...

Of course he is serious! Our dear Boosflash is serious in his own way.

He rather likes your white wings.

Or she, then again.

hahh??? uh...yeah, what Ravy said. I do think you are serious, thats why i said...well, all that stuff i just said. yayuh.

A_shy_dove replied...
Jul. 18, 2011 at 3:03 am
he/she is rather mysterious..

CarolynQ said...
Jun. 21, 2011 at 11:23 am
Love how you make the glass come crashing down at the end. Congrats on the publication.

Jun. 22, 2011 at 11:19 am
thank you so much captain! it is that i love you for commentating.

IamtheshyStargirl said...
Jun. 8, 2011 at 11:31 am
The imagery and wryness of this poem is quite the savoring experience, Boo. Thankee for allowing us a glimpse into, maybe, what makes you flash.

Jun. 22, 2011 at 11:20 am
youre too awesome captian. i am loving the commentation. i appreciate your liking my sort of dry staleness.

Zazawish777 said...
Hey. this is great. i like it. good idea. congrats on the mag!