Warmer in the Winter This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Weather like this
Makes me think of when the days were cold
And it was winter break
And I was curled up on the toasty bathroom floor
Laughing at your insanity after 10 p.m.
And I think to myself
Oh, how we seemed to be so
In love …
And weather like this
Makes me think of dimmed winter’s streets
With their yellow humming streetlights
And their freezing concrete
With heated awkward libraries
With bookshelves that make me blush
And I would laugh and fuss
About how you’d go about organizing the books
And how we’d always end up in some outrageous position
Resulting in awkward looks
Yes, well, weather like this
Makes me think
About you
And how you’d twist fingers through mine
And make me warmer in the winter.

BeilaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I agree with Ray--this poem warms my heart. The imagery is so wonderful because there's nothing pretentious or intentionally elegant about it. It's just a collection of sweet memories, those little moments in life that we tend to forget about all too often, and yes, those are the moments that warm us for years to come. Also, having just moved back from a four-year stay in a cold climate, the poem resonates with me personally. Whenever the weather turns cold where I am now, I find myself warming ... (more »)

Ray--yoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 16 at 12:56 pm
I've been revisiting some of my old TI favourites and reading your comments, @Beila , have been really fun, too.

Ray--yoThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 18, 2015 at 9:14 am
I added this as a favourite a long time ago, feels awesome revisiting it now. The poems does makes its readers feel warmer in the winter, beautiful work!