The Purpose of Life.

What is the purpose of life I have asked? Too please myself or live out my dream? My life feels so empty; I feel out of place. Is their more to this life than what I can take? I feel so confused and often alone. I feel as though I cannot continue on.

I went to a church to seek out the answers and to find some peace among all my fear and anger. The pastor taught on the purpose of life and why it’s so important that we live out our lives. I found out the reason I was put on earth. To serve God and seek Him first. I hope you will realize how fragile life is and to be thankful for God and the life He has given.

If you learned anything from my poem, I hope it is this, to serve God and to put Him first. For that is the reason God created man, that we love and follow Him and His commands.

Choosing2Live4Christ said...
Feb. 4, 2012 at 5:04 pm:
Awesome! and so true! we are meant to serve God, but first and foremost we need to accept his gift of salvation and eternal life. I love your poem and how you put your Christianity beliefs into it!

alaskan_girl said...
if ur saying u serve God, then why did u make a mean comment on one of my threads? dont make no sense...doesnt god say never to JUDGE people and still u judged me by how old i am

tell.me.youll.stay899 said...
aww, that was nice ^^ i only saw a few grammatical mishaps, and i think u couldve put in more insight or expanded on your thoughts of what the lesson was/the middle part.. :) but yea- thats just some advice, this was still a sweet piece! :)

sportsgirl12 replied...
Sept. 13, 2010 at 7:04 pm :
thanks 4 the advice!:) I haven't written any more poems. I'm not sure if I should. I wrote a song and it got put on here today. I usually write songs and stuff about how I'm feeling or what I'm going through or had gone through. I find its a good way to express myself.

tell.me.youll.stay899 replied...
Sept. 13, 2010 at 7:33 pm :
yeppers ^^ nd i thought that song of urs was grreat!!

jessi said...
Dang! for your first poem ever, this is pretty dang good. actually, for poetry in general, its good. I like it alot. Great job! :D

sportsgirl12 replied...
Sept. 13, 2010 at 4:34 pm :
aww. . . . thanks soooo much! I really appreciate it! I wasn't sure if it was really that good, but I decided to put it on here anyway. Thanks again! :)

A.Dreamer said...
This has a very smooth rhythm. :) I like the concept of this poem, great job writing this! Excellent first piece!

sportsgirl12 replied...
Sept. 12, 2010 at 9:21 pm :
thanks so much! I wasn't sure waht people would think of it bcuz its my first poem ever. I also put a song on here, but it hasn't been put on the website yet. :( Hopefully soon though! Thanks for commenting.

A.Dreamer replied...
Sept. 12, 2010 at 9:52 pm :
No problem. :) Tell me when your song comes up and I'll give it a look.

sportsgirl12 replied...
Sept. 13, 2010 at 4:34 pm :
my song just got put on 2day!!! Yay!:)