Exist No More

Stop.
Stay away from me.
No.
I don't want you.
Don't.
This won't happen.
Shoot.
Take the picture.
Or shoot.
At my heart.
What does it matter?
If they're both angled at the same place?
Love
sinks to the bottom of the ocean.
Love
doesn't exist...anymore.
Not anymore.
And that fact that it once did
shoots my heart even more.

Starlite said...

i had my friend read this. she's a girl who prides herself on being 'almost-sorta popular', which to me means wannabe but i love her anyway. she took this in a unique way (in my opinion). she constantly feels like the people near her are uncool, she tries to shove them away. she feels like she's always preparing for pictures and that people have a target on her heart to bring her down, that she's unloved because of her goals and she thinks she'll find that love at the top of the pyramid but s... (more »)

thewriteidea This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
wow -- i always love it when my poems relate to other people's lives besides mine. thank you for sharing and i hope you friend learned something

Susie M. said...
this really makes me think. i love the short little snippets, like stop, no, shoot, etc. it really adds to the intensity of this piece. you are a great writer

BriBear said...
this is a wonderfull poem.. i love the way it flows and its short but to the point.

through_my_eyes said...

i like this one to. :D

This pain can come in many different forms. Which makes it a really good read because it forces your thoughts linger beyond the point.