Thanks for the memories

Every drop of revenge moistened my eyes. My uncut nails dug into the palms of my hands causing me to bite my lip to hold back a whimper of pain. My heart was pounding thunderously in my chest, and echoing in my head. Forgotten memories swarmed my mind like millions of grains of sand during a deadly sandstorm. I shut my eyes in hopes to cease the memories but they just kept coming. Flying out of locked drawers and trashcans, filling my head with unwanted flashbacks. I was seconds away from shouting out, “STOP!” when suddenly my muscles relaxed, the lines in my forehead smoothed away, and there you were, by my side. I knew you would be. You always are. I must admit, a little sooner would have been nice. You nuzzled your face through my hair and to my neck, causing me to fight back a smile. You caught my slip and began poking at my dimples causing me to laugh and giggle. So there you were, by my side. I knew you would be. You always are. Although I must admit, a little sooner would have been nice.