Words

i hold onto every word you say
when it rolls of your tongue
and slips past your lips
every one.
the sweet words that sink into my heart,
and the sour words that pierce it.
and when your words embrace me
it’s warm
like a summer breeze.
they seep through my skin
and they tingle at my fingertips.
and when your words sweep me off my feet,
it’s graceful.

but when i breathe-in all of your words,
and try to reply
...i choke.
i feel my words gathering in my throat
and my lungs.
i feel lightheaded
and the words stumble out of my mouth
by force.
and i wonder how your words come so easily to you
they flow like water,
and mine are heavy-like honey.
and i feel embarrassed
for failing to speak three simple words
that could ruin or save me.
but they stay locked in my heart
beating against the door
to be let out.
but i just swallow them down
and Smile.

CoLdEsTNiGhTs said...
i commented to another one of your articles and i love this one too. i really think we might be going through the same thing!!!! its been two years now for me and i haven't even given hints that i love my person. but somehow he became my best friend and i dont know what to do. never stop writing!!!

clairexaudrey This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 28, 2010 at 7:17 am
Thanks(: The awkwardest thing was reading this to the person it was about...if you wanna see how it all worked out, check out my thread "Light Me Up and Watch Me Burn". I mailed that to him and said goodbye.

CoLdEsTNiGhTs replied...

ok ill try and find it!!! 

im kind of sad right now because my best friend just got his first girl friend soo im wondering how thats going to effect us. have any advice? :)

Honestly, if you look at some of my other poems, "Fairytales" for exmaple, I'm the worst person to give out advice. I'm still continuing to make the same mistakes and fall for the same crappy guys. I still have a lot of learning to do.

CoLdEsTNiGhTs replied...
thanks for being honest. i think we all do, and writing is our special way to see through it. allthough it seems the only people i can let read my writing are ones i dont know :)