Obliterate

I grab the pink eraser,
Start with my toes,
Go up to my ankles,
Continue to my legs,
Ascend to my torso,
It’s all gone,
Don’t worry, it’s all gone,
I move along to my left arm,
I’m right-handed,
Resume to my chest,
And my lifeless face,
Now I erase it all,
“For big mistakes,”
My eraser says.

w4nderlust said...
Jan. 3 at 3:28 pm:
This hit a spark in me. I understand the view point because that was me once. I love your style. Bravo!

mimirocks124 said...
wow. this Ah-mazing. relly emotional under the eraser irony at the end. great job!

Travelbaby12 said...
This really is great. My friend pointed this site and especially this out to me. I loved it immediately. The others are right in saying that the wording is wonderfully put.

AnndieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Sept. 9, 2010 at 11:39 am :
that's great, i'm really glad you liked this :D thank you

Lilacs_Smell_WonnerfulThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

Really good! I think that the language and wording are perfect. I love the last two lines, they give the poem a whole deeper meaning.

-Lilac

Sept. 9, 2010 at 11:39 am :
thanks, i appreciate it :D

Nicole93 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
<3 this. LOVE IT! i can relate to this a lot. its just... amazing wording

Sept. 9, 2010 at 11:40 am :
=D thank you

nancyyy said...
Sept. 8, 2010 at 7:21 am:
Simple but powerful. The feeling of wishing you could just erase yourself and start over is well put.

Sept. 9, 2010 at 11:41 am :
simplicity is key, i suppose, thank you :)

Hummingbird This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
And everytime I read it, it gives me something more. Something new. Thank you.

Sept. 7, 2010 at 6:41 pm :
thank you, i'm happy you think its a work of art

Wow- what clever writing. You really touched me with this. This really is a work of art. I like!

Hummingbird This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 7, 2010 at 7:36 pm :
I just joined teen ink, so I am just looking around, being inspired by other writers. You really have a gift. I am still waiting to see if teen ink will take any of my poems. Do you know how long it normally takes for them to contact you?

Sept. 7, 2010 at 8:49 pm :
sometimes it takes a week other times it takes three weeks it really does depend

Sept. 8, 2010 at 5:41 pm :
Thanks for letting me know, Anndie. Let me know when you publish anything else. Maybe if I ever get anything published you could read it. Thanks!

Sept. 8, 2010 at 6:20 pm :
for sure :D and just tell me when you have something up i'd love to read it :D

Sept. 8, 2010 at 6:53 pm :
Thank you so much, Anndie! I'm really glad I've connected with someone so soon. I can't wait to read more of your writing. I will keep you posted. Ttyl!