eggshell

eggshell
~
paper cannot hold you (‘re)

ex
planation in the same
(wayyouonceheldme) with

out
my skin so much as my
s

o

u

l (which
) you gathered

like the

shattered (pieces) of a rob

(in’s egg)

believe me (i have tried so

many
times) to hold you
~

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I found this to be a very creative and beautiful poem. The format is a bit strange (which may be worth a 'meh') but it is still very interesting to read. I applaud your work.

J-blotting-ink This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 5, 2010 at 9:49 am
Thank you. The website messed up some of the formatting. However, this is meant to be a visual poem, where the arrangment of the letters adds to the meaning of the poem. It was inspired by ee cummings, who almost invented the concept. But on the website it turned out funny.

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 5, 2010 at 11:55 am
On the contrary, I thought the formatting to add to the piece (even if it was not your intended layout). I still love it! I would be delighted if you looked at some of my poems, though they're written in a standard (boring) format.

Marlyre This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
lovely pic chick! heh heh, my jokes are so eggciting! love it!

Lol...sorta. They messed up the form... it looks weird...meh.

Marlyre This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
that kinda happens in the format here... it's alright, still reads really well

Lostinbooks This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 6, 2010 at 10:41 am
No matter what was messed up when it was put on the site, this is awesome.  Really unique - good work!