A Four Letter Word | Teen Ink

A Four Letter Word

July 25, 2010
By Jasmine.PHJ BRONZE, Greenville, South Carolina
Jasmine.PHJ BRONZE, Greenville, South Carolina
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Reach for the stars but keep your feet on the ground"


I was once told that love was nothing more than a four letter word but I have always believe there was more to love than what I had heard. It travels deep down into your soul and on you love has such a strong hold. It has the power to open your eyes to all thats good and to all thats wrong and to a battered and forgotten heart it sings such a beautiful song. Love; it can lead you to a bright future or to a darkness that is so great you lose sight of even your heart. Love; dosen't matter if pure or false it leaves it's mark. I was once told that love was just a four letter word, but from experience I now know that it is more to love than what I have heard.


The author's comments:
As a teen I have been told that love is nothing more than a four letter word but as a teen I have experienced different types of love from family,friends, boys,and love within myself. So, I feel that I know a little more about love than what people may believe. I also feel that love is way deeper than just being a four letter word.