I'm an Alien

Don’t look at me—I’m an alien
Yes, truly, no lie
I could never tell a lie
But I am
Yes I am
Don’t you know?
I’m an alien

I flew down to Earth
That’s why my head
Still keeps its home
In the clouds
Don’t look at me—I’m an alien
Don’t you know?

You see why my clothes
Are so different
And strange
I’m an alien
Yes I am
Don’t look at me—I’m an alien
Don’t you know?

Now that’s why I
Am so freakishly smart
Freak, a good word
Appropriate and true
Don’t look at me—I’m an alien
Don’t you know?

That’s why I don’t talk
Like all of you do
My mouth and brain
Are wired
Differently
Don’t look at me—I’m an alien
Don’t you know?

Why I act
As if I’m not of this Earth
‘Cause I’m not
No, I’m not
Don’t look at me—I’m an alien
You know.

_Elsy_ said...
Sept. 18, 2010 at 11:15 am
honestly i only clicked on this because of the title but i'm glad i did. We all feel like aliens at some point in our lives and then you realize its good to be different. Amamzing poem

butnotacrime This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thanks:D 

thepreechyteenager said...

Haha so funny!!! :)  I think we all feel this way sometimes :)

I wouldn't put it plast myself to someday go the whole nine yards and just grow some green antenies.  Nope- not even joking.

Anyway, I really liked this- super cute!!!

Hey ItWasAMurderButNotACrime, would you mind reading my story, "Encounter"?  It's ok if you don't feel like it, but I think it's my best work so far and I wanted to see what you think of it.  You've been reallt successful on ... (more »)

ItWasAMurderButNotACrime This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thanks! I'm pretty sure I already looked at it on the forums, but I'll look at it on here!

Whylime said...
ahhhh! this was like, um, WRITTEN FOR ME! hahaha i love it. I have no critiques because i really and truly though it was perfect

Thank you! I'm glad you like it, and can relate:D

smart_blonde said...
Some people like repitition. I am not one of them. Poetry is about saying more with less words. This had too many useless lines in it that did not further your cause. Good idea though. Please comment on my work.  

Thanks. I appreciate the feedback.

miss-poli said...
this is really good :) i love the repitition. it just sounds complete. very original. you sound like you know what you're doing, but you don't brag about it. :) nice voice.

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it:D

Mikky-girl said...
Aug. 27, 2010 at 11:29 am
this made me laugh :0 i like it. its different and it can kind of be related to what we teens are going through in high school some of us do think we r aliens..but if u ment it to be literal that awsome too! :)

Aug. 27, 2010 at 11:36 am
Haha it was metaphorical--thanks!

Mikky-girl replied...
Aug. 27, 2010 at 11:49 am
lol ok no problem :) hey my article just got published if u want to check it out.. (what happened to me part 1) it has some writing errors sorry ill double check next time!

Mikky-girl replied...
Aug. 27, 2010 at 11:51 am
lol ok no problem :) hey my article just got published if u wanna check it out (what happened to me part1) it has some grammer errors. oops ill double check next time! :)

Haha sure!