The Feeling of Fantasy | Teen Ink

The Feeling of Fantasy

July 19, 2010
By Acidic1901 BRONZE, Tucson, Arizona
Acidic1901 BRONZE, Tucson, Arizona
1 article 1 photo 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
I have two:
If you pretend to be good, the world takes you very seriously. If you pretend to be bad, it doesn’t. Such is the astounding stupidity of optimism.

It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious.


I love the feeling loud music gives you.
The way the beat start in the soles of your feet and travel up your legs.
The way the music notes flutter in your stomach like a caged bird waiting to be released.
The way the essence of the song travels through our arms and makes your fingertips tingle.
The way it seem as though your heart is beating in sync with the rhythm of the song.
The way your mind becomes clear and the only thing that exists in that moment is the roaring of lyrics and expertly played instruments combining to create a dynamic melody.
Then the song ends and the fantasy is over and all your sense are again overwhelmed by the harsh realities of life.
The loud sounds of the city; the crying of a baby, the bark of a dog, the arguing of a young couple, the sound of sirens.
Just as you begin to dwell on reality again, the next song begins are you are able to immerse yourself into the fairy tale of music once again.


The author's comments:
I was recently at an Acidic/ Hawthorne Heights concert and this little blurb popped into my head. I've been wanting to express my love for music for so long and I feel like this piece does that.