A Breath of Love

27 hours ago we, by a force unfortunately beyond our control, had to part;

26 hours and 49 minutes ago I desperately needed you back.

With you, my mind is at complete ease. I cannot think of any other way to spend my evenings than either being at your side or hearing your voice gently speak to me the words of unblemished affection. You are my protection, my strength; feeling your arms around my body persuades me to let my guard down, to show you who I truly am. My mind unsurely and slowly unravels to you my dreams, fears, and weaknesses, a feat that only you would be able to help me overcome.

My breath begins to follow a pattern set by the soft inhalations and exhales of yours, a quiet signal of my attention to the small things I love so much about you. Your smell and warmth when you hold me close to you is intoxicating, your look to me is true. I know that I can have faith in the words you speak to me, and in the way my soul can relate to yours whenever we’re together. The passion with which you kiss me melts my heart, and creates inside of me a new soul ready to discover a love that is carefully settling within us both.