Dialogue with a Lunatic

“Darling, they say that you’re crazy. Please don’t be crazy. I need you, my darling!”
“Red is red and blue is green. One plus two equals please don’t be mean.”
“Darling, I told you! I don’t understand. Why are you like this? Please just come back!”
“Sunshine burns broken windows. Bloodstained water hurts my wounds.”
“Darling, my darling, where did you go? I’m lost, so lost without you. What are you saying? Help me! Darling, help me, please!”
“Pages and pages and pages of caterpillars eating through the words.”
“Darling, what is it? What do you mean? I want to know! Why did you leave me here, alone?”
“Painted smiles wash away with flower petals raining down from heaven.”
“My dear, my darling, what’s wrong with you? Where did the person inside you go?”
“Flowers, so many flowers, blooming, tearing, scarred.”
“Dearest, what is it? Darling, where are you? I’m losing you now. I’m losing myself!”
“Dolls are crazy, aren’t they? What does make you go mad?”
“Darling? Are you coming back? I don’t know if I can pull you back anymore. I think that I’m slipping! Darling, please!”
“Raindrops are sunlight. What if they charged stars for moonshine?”
“Goodbye, my darling. I’m leaving this world now. I can’t stay here without you.”
“Say goodbye to the children on your way out.”

GangstaEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is so strange and out of the box yet... wonderful. I love that I don't exactly understand it - is that strange?

Fayrouz This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like how it's all random yet almost coherent. I think you should have a more striking last line, tho. But you're the author so it's your choice. good job!

Healing_Angel This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Clever, although slightly disconcerting and disorienting at times. Great job.