lies. | Teen Ink

lies.

July 29, 2010
By jasmineloveswriting SILVER, Grosse Pointe Woods, Michigan
jasmineloveswriting SILVER, Grosse Pointe Woods, Michigan
9 articles 4 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"you're never going to find someone that won't hurt you, thats why we only stay with the ones who are worth all the pain."


Trapped. going on believing one thing your entire life, basing dreams off it, imagining what it’ll be like, your so close… and then with one small inclination, everything s h a t t e r s. An explosion of both passion and emotion arise and you find yourself with a feeling of nothing but betrayal and limitation. You’ve been lied to, they were lying when they said you were capable of anything, they were lying when they said they would never let you down, and they were lying when they said that they wanted what was best for you. In reality, your life is just another one of their accomplishments, another thing they can say they’ve achieved. you try to speak up, speak out but none of your words can be heard. You scream and yell but to no avail you fall to your knees in your silent d e s p a i r. Witnessing as your life crumbles around you, you are trapped. concealed within the walls they have set for you, the walls you never saw until now. As you try to break through, you fall weak, short of breath and suffer. I wish I could tell you help was on its way, but I’d only be lying.


The author's comments:
This isn't exactly a poem i suppose, but it doesn't really fit into any other criteria. This piece is entirely honest.