The Masquerade

Bright eyes shine through
A mask of silk feathers.
Through small coy smiles
She is magnetism.

Tiers of ivory lace twirl
Across a polished floor.
Spinning through the dance
She is elegance and grace.

From partner to partner
She offers her gloved hand.
At the end of each dance
She is ambiguity.

The music concludes
When couples take leave.
With kisses on her hand
She is disappearance.

mimirocks124 said...
very discriptive. mysterious but understandable. like

Jandee said...
This poem if filled with lovely imagery while at the same time, telling a story. A few of the words seemed off in tense ("ambiguity" in line 12, and "disappearance" in line 16. "magnetism" in line 4 also seems a little, off. I'm not sure why. I guess I just would have chosen different words with the same meaning). Other than that, it was a very enjoyable read.

riley... said...
i agree with GangstaEyes... you have loads of talent! the ending of each stanza added a beautiful and haunting element to the poem, and i really enjoyed it! :)

GangstaEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow! This is so good! I love your word choice, and the flow is so smooth. Amazing - definitely keep writing, you've got talent!!

mandapanda9736 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i realy really really love this! I especially love the ends of each stanza, like "she is disappearance" and "she is ambiguity", its really lovely!

sunflowergirl7 said...

The whole poem is great, and I especially love the second stanza, the word choice adds to the beauty and I can really imagine what you are describing. 

Great job!

CallMeFelix said...
Aug. 23, 2010 at 7:34 am
Love it =) Great job! I love how you described her and the scene in generally...very, very good. Keep writing!

Katie_Grey This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

This poem is truly artistic... i love it!

It has a very in depth kind of mystery with beautiful imagery.

great job!

introducing.me_899 said...
i like it:)) great word choice!! ^^ it was beautiful, good job!

Minderella said...
Aug. 21, 2010 at 2:03 am
I really like how descriptive you are in this poem.  It adds a lot to the message.  Good job :)

MidnightAngel7 replied...
This is beautiful! It really reminds me of ballet.

Damara...C replied...
wow awesome i like the description too ur good it kinda reminds me of ballett too

Janee D. replied...
i really like this poem ! it makes me think, good description !