Sailing Though Summer

Raise the countless colors of summer.
Sail with me on the never ending ship of time.
I feel all of everything there is to feel
Of the changing seasons and countless reasons
To drink this alcoholic air and get a buzz
From the bees. A little tipsy from the trees.

My eyes grew wide.
To catch ever drop of " O, my goodness!" I see.
The wind creeps up my legs and out my shirt.
It makes me feel slightly violated, but I'm interestingly okay with it.
And my creek bubbles like chocolate milk.
The sky jump in each eye and gives me the natural
Reflex to smell the racing wind as it races
Up my nose and blows, striking the colors of summer .
We are all prisoners in this never ending ship of time.
To each of us there will come a time to bail.

Until then, lets stand on the blockbuster bow
With our arms crucified to the air and wait
For the fire flower to bloom in the east,
And suck summer into our lunges like sea water.

timevampire This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

Indeed. :)

You could only say "nevermore" if my lover dies and I'm all alone and in the darkest state I've ever been.

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Summer is not my cup of tea, either (that would be Earl Gray) but I simply adored this poem. If you ever need a lowlife to shower you with fervently made compliments, I am at your service Mr. Vampire.

timevampire This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 7, 2010 at 12:22 pm :

My cup of tea would be...hhmmm coffee :P Thank you. Since I am a lowlife myself I think it could hurt a thing :)

( We could make a pretty sweet team. I mean, a silent raven on the shoulder of a vampire... that's pretty epic to me.)

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 7, 2010 at 8:39 pm :
I like it. The "amazing and eloquent vampire of time always followed by his faithful raven who... refrains from saying 'Nevermore.'" That'll be in headlines soon. Epic, indeed.

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I've got to be the last person on earth that wants to read or write about summer. but you have no  idea how happy i get when i get an email saying "timevampire has contributed to teenink". then i read this and well...here goes the monkey. you really did your dance captain. 5 stars.

Aug. 23, 2010 at 8:25 pm :
Believe me I'm so happy that you like my stuff. bow-chick-a-wow-a-wow. Summer's not that great so I thought I'd make it better with magic words. I plan on making zombies with poems :P

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 23, 2010 at 10:20 pm :
very smooth. you're definitely right about that, and you did what you were trying to accomplish. I'll be looking for your zombies.

Nov. 4, 2010 at 3:47 pm :
You are my zombie.

Nov. 4, 2010 at 5:55 pm :
so...(uncertain flattery)..about me and your poem...