Desire

Desire is a faint echo of my heart, that beats around the walls, bruising and tainting in the night. You cast a pale light upon me. Ever so beautiful, lonely, and dark, yet tender you are. So like the Moon you are, closer than you appear, with holes dug deep within you. Even with the company of the stars, you're still lonesome, beacuse though you can see them, they are far off; distant. You watch over me and save me from the Darkness that engulfs me. You keep the Shadows away. The Shadows of Anger, Hurt, Regret. Desire whispers my heart. Want it echoes. But the Sun rises, as the Dawn's fingertips of rose replace the stars. The Sun so warm, alive, and bright, and yet so far away. You have the planets, the clouds surrounding you. You brighten my days, casting a shining light upon everything. But as day turns to night, that shining light I need is no longer there. And i find myself basking in the milky moonlight that keeps me safe when things appear to go wrong. Desire whispers my heart. Guilt it echoes. For the day is bright and far; and the night dim and close. Confusion resides in my soul though it shouldn't. The Sun and day is what's right, what's good. But yet, the Moon, the night is my desire, and what's wrong. So there I wait patiently for day to turn to night, then night to day. For i find myself impatient to see each. Though it may be wrong of me, and could be the end of all. But choose, I cannot do for both the Moon and the Sun are precious to me. Maybe that's why He made a Dawn and a Twilight, so both can shine, so both I can see. The Sun and the Moon in the same sky side by side. As they reside in my heart. Desire whispers my heart, Want it murmurs, Confusion it echoes, and Guilt it repeats, within the sensitive walls of my heart.

IMAdreamerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 27, 2012 at 7:21 pm:

it flows so well... touching... beautiful... way to write!

ps. will you please check out my work?
|=|

LunaWingsFlyAway said...
Sept. 10, 2010 at 11:00 am:
thankk you soo much... :D

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I agree, this is quite a touching poem. I love that it is written in flowing lines instead of carefully measured lines typical to poetry. It speaks wisely of love and loss, and the blend of metaphor and realism is great. Well done.

krissi.love7This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
the most beautiful poem i have ever read in my life. flowed well, touched my heart so much. please keep writing!