Refuge | Teen Ink

Refuge

By AngelBaby94 GOLD, Kingston, Tennessee
AngelBaby94 GOLD, Kingston, Tennessee

An Eye For An Eye Will Only Make The World Blind

Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness.- Maya Angelou

Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with deeper meaning. Maya Angelou

I Long For Your Refuge. The One Who Was Always There For Me. I Remember When I Was Little I Would Curl Into Myself And Listen To Your Words Of Comfort. I Would Get Lost In Them And All But You Evacuated My Mind. I Became Part Of You. I Could Feel Myself Twisting And Turning Between The Squeal Of One Of Your Guitars. My Heart Would Rhythm Its Self With Your Drums. My Blood Pulsed Through My Veins Faster At The Sound Of Your Voice. With You All Around Me I Wouldn't Be Able To Hear The Sounds Of My Broken Home. The Screaming And Sirens Would Cease, Even If It Was For Just A Moment. I Never Knew How Much I Needed You. I Never Thought Had Anyone To Cradle Me In Their Arms, But I See That Even Now, Your Holding Me. Sing Me Another Lullaby. Coax Happiness From The Darkest Crevices Of My Heart. I'm Still The Same Sad Little Girl That Has Always Longed For Your Refuge.