One Little Simple Perfect Kiss

One little simple perfect kiss -
Changed everything between us.

One
(Well okay,
Technically it was two.
Three? Several?
Who was counting?)

Little
(Um.
It was kinda a big deal.
Our first kiss.
After all the almosts.)

Simple
(Ehhhh.
Maybe sort of complicated.
We swapped emotions
Instead of just spit.)

Perfect
(Hmmmmm.
I thought it was perfect.
What'd you think?
What is perfect anyway?)

Kiss.

alanacarlene said...
Haha this is really great and they're right: it's creative too! It kinda reminds me of my first kiss....minus the perfect!!! I'd do anything to fix our kiss ya know maybe undo and retry!!! haha

GangstaEyes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Haha :D Thanks, and even if the first kiss wasn't PERFECT, close enough right? :)))))

alanacarlene replied...
Haha well the fact that my first kiss was with him made it perfect for me but I don't think it did for him ://///

olican16 said...
great job i rememer wen u let me read this and i loved it so much... now i fell in love with it again great job!!

ShernayB. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

complicated...yet simple at the same time. but,,,,i loved this. its so creative the way you wrote it. 

keep writing. 

Thats what I was going for :) Thank ya much!

Amiee said...
Aug. 19, 2010 at 2:06 am
wow, this is soo good! i mean, it's sooo truthful and relatable

Aug. 19, 2010 at 10:25 am
Aww thanks! You're so sweet! :)

Aug. 19, 2010 at 10:29 am
You're Korean?! Thats so cool. My guy/boy)friend is Vietnamese :) AND you play soccer? Me too!! Lol. And Canada is pretty awesome. Just saying! Lol. Sorry to attack you with all this random stuff :P

Amiee replied...

lolz thanx, my first thought was, wat the, is is girl psychic or sth?, but than i was like, o right stupid me... well thanx for reading my profile~ hehe^^ i would have liked to say read my stuff but i'm new and my stuff are still "pending approval" arggg when does it get published!!!! well, thanx

ps. canada and korea IS awesome hehe

Ryan P. said...
Aug. 18, 2010 at 11:44 am
I like it man, I know what your saying, I can feel the questions flowing in my own mind. It makes me wonder about my first kiss, and all the other girls I've kissed for the first time, its the exact paranoia, the exact confusion, that i can understand as a reader.

Yay! I'm so glad you liked it. Its good to know guys think about things like this too :)

Ryan P. replied...
yea bro, i mean, we are guys, but like a lot of girls keep telling me about theyr boyfriends n such, "all guys are the same" hopefully someday they will realize, there are some guys who actually think, and feel a little. and can still play sports, or be in a band, or still fight (legal or illegal), and can still run a normal teenage life you kno?

Lol. I know what you mean. And I REALIZE that there are guys like that (who are emotional and still cool) but I can never seem to find any! :( Lol. Thanks for the comment :)))

just-ryan replied...
well, you kno one, not personally, but at least over this website... sounds creepy tho

Lol. Good to know :P And thats not really creepy :D

ellyn-bo-bellyn_2014 said...
Aug. 18, 2010 at 10:03 am

I love this!!! Relatable! I wonder if guys think like this...

Did you put rocks in my socks??? I think you did!!!

AL!

Lol. See comment above. Does that answer your question? :)

lauraclaire848 said...
Aw this is the cutest thing :) I was smiling the entire time I was reading it! They're such raw emotions too; obviously none of it is sugar-coated which is nice. Haha I just love it!!

Yeah. Raw emotion is usually easier to relate to, so I figured, why not see whose attention I can catch? Thanks for the comment!