His Callous Heart

When he's with me, it's like a thousand crystals are surrounding me.
When he's near me,
I feel an annoying gravatational pull toward his being, like we're both magnets.
When his eyes reach mine,
I swear my heart flip-flops in my chest and thuds about 100 beats a second.
When his arm rests itself on my shoulder,
I feel like I'm on top of the world, like no one can ever even dream of getting to me.
When he holds me close and pulls me into his hard, muscular chest, my brain feels fuzzy and my vision a blur.
When he plays with a lock of my hair, I can feel my cheeks warm, turning a perfectly embarrassing shade of rose.
When he says,
"Don't worry. I promise I will take care of everything," my whole world dances in front of me, bursting with all sorts of psychedelic colors.
And when he's with his friends and says,
"I'm sorry, I just don't feel about you that way,"
I feel my mind shatter into trillions of pieces,
leaving my brain impenetrable,
my skin pure ice,
just like his heart.

windswift This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 5, 2012 at 8:50 pm:
I may be a man, but I still understand what it feels like to have a broken heart, more so than most people.  Like I have said before, I have had a long life in my 19 years, and I have come to understand much more than most ever will.  I know the feeling, I know the pain, I understand just how harsh it is.  I understand that ice stabs most somewhere in the heart, and they dont even notice it, but not everyone has ice in there heart.  Trust me on that one, it takes someone who ... (more »)

xBaByGiRrL22xThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 29, 2012 at 2:18 pm :
Im glad you you could relate so well :) No, there are  definitely good people out there. I've been lucky enough to meet a lot. I wrote this a long time ago, when that didn't really seem possible, but ur totally right. Ya gotta keep going even when it doesn't feel like ya can xD thanks again :))