Kisses Aren't for kidding | Teen Ink

Kisses Aren't for kidding

By LolaFinley96 BRONZE, Woodland Hills, California
LolaFinley96 BRONZE, Woodland Hills, California

Life is like a box of crayons. Most people are the 8-color boxes, but what you're really looking for are the 64-color boxes with the sharpeners on the back. I fancy myself to be a 64-color box, though I've got a few missing. It's ok though, because I've got some more vibrant colors like periwinkle at my disposal. I have a bit of a problem though in that I can only meet the 8-color boxes. Does anyone else have that problem? I mean there are so many different colors of life, of feeling, of articulation.. so when I meet someone who's an 8-color type.. I'm like, hey girl, magenta! and she's like, oh, you mean purple! and she goes off on her purple thing, and I'm like, no - I want magenta!
John Mayer

How can I feel love when you've done this? Sick inside now. This empty bliss. I have to live with this. Scarred for life. I need love... Some things they don't need to know. Maybe in time we'll forget it. But I'm stuck in this abyss drowning slow. I've never felt so betrayed. I was put in front of you to feel love again. I can only feel pain again. Where did you go? Because you're not here. All my sick memories flowing through my head like blood cells in my vein. I still feel the pain. I'm dying again. The hundreth time. I can't feel it anymore. My heart is bleeding again. Why can't I ever learn? What's wrong with me? I can't fear the love from you that I should feel. I'm not stuck with you, but I want to be. Your mistake symbolizes the pain I will feel very soon. But now I'm too numb. The shock still has grip on my battered heart. I'm not breathing. Not even screaming. My heart isn't beating. Since your fateful words slipped out. Heart broken tears turn to the blood I will see eventually. My dreams turned to nightmares. How did we get here? We were so close... Your actions broke me fully. Now i'm yours, do what you please just don't hurt me. I still love you so much. Your hands hold me tight. I know you're still here.