Into the blue | Teen Ink

Into the blue

July 21, 2010
By LolaFinley96 BRONZE, Woodland Hills, California
LolaFinley96 BRONZE, Woodland Hills, California
4 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Life is like a box of crayons. Most people are the 8-color boxes, but what you're really looking for are the 64-color boxes with the sharpeners on the back. I fancy myself to be a 64-color box, though I've got a few missing. It's ok though, because I've got some more vibrant colors like periwinkle at my disposal. I have a bit of a problem though in that I can only meet the 8-color boxes. Does anyone else have that problem? I mean there are so many different colors of life, of feeling, of articulation.. so when I meet someone who's an 8-color type.. I'm like, hey girl, magenta! and she's like, oh, you mean purple! and she goes off on her purple thing, and I'm like, no - I want magenta!
John Mayer


I try to convert the stars into meanings, my sad feelings. If you wanted to know how I tie my shoes, follow me into the blue and you'll see. I breathe softly but my tears corrupt my speaking. Don't leave me. Walk with me, climb the trees. The worms in the ground colonize, I see it with my eyes. The wind makes the day so delicate, but I still feel the sadness. The ink bleeds onto the paper like the raindrops from yesterday. Garden gnomes look at me. All my time spent with you and your left to choose after I do, but its your choice if you're coming back. Flowers blossom into lies. The rope hangs from the tree and my hands grasp it, the silence graces me, but you can't justify it. Wind chimes ring. The grass never grew greener on my side. And here I lie, down on the clouds floating through the sky. I'm not ok, but thats ok. I'll never find a way without you. Come with me into the blue..