The Spirit of Music This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Lilting, coaxing, pleading, teasing
The witchery of Music leads me
To an enchanted world of magic and wonder
A merry, elfin tune, ever changing, here
One moment, gone the next
Peeking 'round a corner, singing
Out, “Catch me if you can!”
I reach out longingly, stretching my
Hands toward the elusive promise of
Music – almost capturing, but not
Quite, nearly grasping but never
Totally. Then, like the will-o-the-wisp
She is, Music suddenly
Turns – and captures me.

Love.Hate.Passion. said...
As a fellow music lover , I really loved this poem. It's so , i don't know how to explain it it makes me emotional to think "She is , Music suddenly,Turns-and captures me". I feel that way exactly. Great job! , this is a good emotion evoker [sic] and really relatable. Keep it up!

. said...

I'm not sure why you need feedback, considering this was published in the magazine (although I have to say, it has the fewest comments of any published piece I've yet seen).

So, where I see hiccups: "witchery of music." Maybe add a period after "wonder." It's good! 

. replied...
Aug. 3, 2011 at 12:28 pm :
This is Eirias, by the way.

Loving_Writing This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 3, 2011 at 9:32 pm :

Thanks for your time - appreciate it! And I wasn't quite sure how the whole magazine thing worked - if everyone's poem was in it sooner or later...so I just wanted to see what my peers thought of it. Again, thanks!

dee100 said...
This is beautiful!!! Love it! 

Lovingwriting This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 28, 2010 at 3:49 pm :
Thanks...appreciate the kind words!

Musician replied...
Jun. 14, 2011 at 4:55 pm :
Nice poem, music is one of my favorite hobbies, and I know what you mean by the emotions and feelings it can bring.