The night I french kissed static or A donkey - kick to logic

Let me rearrange your dead body
Gluing together silent, fragile, broken bones
With an opinion. A plan. A method. A thought.
With a sticky mental conception you can't be taught.

It's something not present.
It's not been experienced.
It's not even real. But it's really resourceful.
It's poems in blue pen.
It's giggly girls with young men.
It's when a flower smiles at you.
It's when you laugh and hiccup to.
It's pressure built in the silent pauses between words.

Words slowly slipping, softly.
Words rippling from your mouth
An indistinct vibrating sound.
That only happens when you relate, yet don't understand.

"...And who could understand us?"
Said the poets making verbal love.
Though distance built it's wall
The language of our hearts screamed while folding the edges of the map.
Now we are perfectly unaligned.
This is what poetry is...

The cancellation of gender,
To neutralize belief.
The offset of eye color.
The soul and the soul
Speaking on a stormy wave.

The same wave that capsized
And drowns our words to LIFE.
Like some sort of backwards baptism
Or some sort of unholy resurrection.

"...And who could understand us?"
And you said " I'd rather live my whole life
A romantic tool then a heartless fool."
We cried all night. We begged the city saying.
"Please don't shake out another empty child!"
And when I stared I saw a key-hole in your eyes.
I tried to unlock it with my disguise.
But a poet can always see his or her cage.
(Even when it's not there.)
And your arms always looked like bars to me.
My dreams got tired of me running from them...So they left.

I promise you I would drown in the sea
A thousand times to get what I've thrown away.
Or is it all a self-serving lust?

"...And who could understand us?"

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
it really pains me to say this... (sighs deeply) but that picture looks just like me. they really mastered the forehead...

timevampire This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 27, 2010 at 12:15 pm :
hahaha... O, did you see your poem and my poem "I've Always Wanted" are on the same page in the last magazine? That's awesome just sayin'! :)

BoosflashThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nov. 1, 2010 at 10:00 pm :
i know right? "i told my brother, you see that poem right there"....-it just emphasizes the fact that we do our dances around each other.

Nov. 2, 2010 at 4:46 pm :
Yeah, that poem wasn't that great. But yours was awesome. You should totally creep me on face book since my name is in the magazine.

Nov. 2, 2010 at 4:53 pm :
I tried that eons (?) ago. i never could find you. whats your facebook?

Nov. 3, 2010 at 9:02 pm :
m a i l me here> ( mark my word sir at aol . com)  but no spaces and I'll send you my facebook on there hahaha it won't let me here.

Nov. 4, 2010 at 8:12 am :
ll a fait.

"the language of our hearts screamed while folding the edges of the map." i had to reread it captain. i just had to. you're very talented captain. i love you much very.

Aug. 9, 2010 at 12:02 pm :
Thanks Boo I'm glad you like it. Now go breath some fire into your pen.

Aug. 11, 2010 at 4:50 pm :
wait for me dear, here I come. i got two waiting anyway. its funny cause when i first read this i was like who's boo? then i was like oh...i get it. merci captain. and hey, who could understand this?

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Aug. 6, 2010 at 10:53 am:

I love this; it's quite a delightful oddity.

French kissing- a donkey? That reminds me of a funny story...

Aug. 23, 2010 at 8:28 pm :
"thesilentraven" that rememinds me of " never more"

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 23, 2010 at 8:34 pm :
That was partly my intention.

hello my dear. yeah, could've sworn i heard this title before by you. are you kidding me? they say my stuff is eccentric and crazy but this is really eccentric and crazy. i love it. i love it love it love it love it. please please please do your dance on the monkey. 5 stars.