Goodbye

You promised you wouldn't leave, then gave a slight yawn. But before I even noticed, the next day you were gone. I'm stuck here helping the family stay strong, not realizing I needed the support all along. Since you died i've asked the family how you die, no one would give me a striaght answer, I always wondered why. I used to hate you for leaving, I used to be mad. Until I found how at your grave, now I just feel sad. As each day goes by, I move on each day. Wondering if I would find peace someday. I know it wasn't your fault, you didn't choose to die. I realized you lived your life, now it's time for me to live mine. I'm writing this for a reason, your probably wondering why. And beacause I didn't get the chance to say this then, now I just wanna say goodbye.

Dominicangirl said...
I really like this, makes me sad but i know how you feel, check out my work when you have a CHANCE. keep writingg :). oh and good job

Marisela said...
I Know Exactly How You Feel One day My Grandma Was In The Hospital Doing Better The Next I Got A Call That She Wasnt Doing Good We Were Gonna Go Up On Saturday To See Her But She Passed On Friday I Never Got To Say GoodBye I Love You Nothin Within The Time It Takes To Walk Down The Hall She Was Gone.  I Miss Her Each And Every Day I Just Wish I Could Have Said Good Bye I Wish She Could Be There For Me When I Get Older And Have Kids But Now She Wont Be There For Anything.

Anjo! said...
Awsome ryhming... but you should break it up into smaller paragraphs, it would flow so much better and you would accentuate the more powerful spots.. but thats just my opinion. good job. keep writing.

Sencere said...
Aug. 10, 2010 at 8:44 am
I wrote about my uncle Vincent i still miss him but this poem helped me move on a lot

crubs3 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Good job!!

TFaye23 said...
Aug. 9, 2010 at 11:21 am
This is soo good. I love it! Great job!!