The Tattered Road

Robert Frost wins!
I’ve also chosen “The road not taken”.
Rest is on the hands of God…
Yeah I may seem lonely today. I do have a companion-Poetry.

There is no fun without risks.
But tomorrow who knows…
It will be my turn to smile. And I’m not going to change. My life will change.

I’ve seen the consequences of trying to please others. You are tossed around like a ball when you are innocent. I want to continue with my innocence anyway. You are called crazy when you are being yourself. I don’t care; I just want to be me. You are said to have no future if you try out new things. I want to keep trying new things anyway. You make true foes and fake friends when you succeed. I want to succeed anyway…

So people of this world hear me out!
You can’t make me compromise my dreams just to please you. I’ll not believe when someone says, “ Jump from the mountain and nothing wrong will happen to you”. I won’t let the snakes bite me so easily.

I appear strange to you. So what? I don’t want to be like the rest of the crowd anyway. You can’t force me to give up dreaming. Who says that I can’t do it? I believe in me. I will do it. You can’t say that I have no future. I mean, have you seen my future or even yours? Stop discouraging me.

As long as I keep trying,
As long as I keep the faith,
As long as I follow my heart,
And as long as I keep hearing the voice of God in my heart…
I’ll reach my destiny. Yes I’m serious.

You make me cry, you laugh at me too. You know my weaknesses more than I do. I’ll fix my flaws in no time if you just tell me once. I know its “uncool” to understand me. You may forget me but I won’t forget you.

I’m not afraid to walk through the tattered road. The spider webs can’t scare me. The voices of the wild jungle can’t frighten me. The thunderstorms can’t make me worry. The darkness can’t darken me. No matter how much you try you’ll never succeed in changing my decision. I’m happy now…
I’ve made my choice. I can see a bright smiling light far, far away…

Hey Adventure, here I come!
My journey begins…

Bon Voyage to me!

dabu786 said...
Sept. 24, 2010 at 6:49 am

ya its nice poem, whic motivates me,

EXCELLENT

SnehaChatterjeeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 24, 2010 at 6:50 am
Thank you sooo much!

darkprincess said...
Aug. 9, 2010 at 1:44 am

Amazing poem, you really kept me interested the whole time. I love Robert Frost, he inspires me greatly. Great job!

Maybe you could take a look at my work, it's sort of different from yours, but please leave any comments!

:D

Aug. 9, 2010 at 2:22 am
Thank you very much!. I'll coment on yours too.

crubs3 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love that poem too!! great work!!! If you could please comment and rate my work that would be amazing!! thanks and ur so good!!!

Aug. 9, 2010 at 2:21 am
Thank you very much! yes I'll definitely comment on yours.

Rehmat said...
Aug. 8, 2010 at 9:51 am

The Road Not Taken.

Something which inspired me to believe in what was conveyed through the poem, quite literally!

Aug. 9, 2010 at 2:21 am
Yeah this poem is my favorite! Thank you for the comment.

rus.taj said...
Aug. 8, 2010 at 2:00 am

hey do u remember me umm ?

ya i'm reading it from last 3 months and i have to read it for 7 more months til i complete my degree 2nd year, because its my poetry lesson in english which is simpley superb dear !!!

Aug. 8, 2010 at 3:18 am
That's great!

rus.taj said...
RoberT Frost is a Nature poet !!!

Aug. 8, 2010 at 1:45 am
Yeah have u read his poem "The Road not taken"?? it ispires me a lot everytime I read it.

Francesca said...
Aug. 6, 2010 at 7:56 am
This is very good.

Aug. 8, 2010 at 1:44 am
Thank u very much!!!

nirupama said...
Aug. 6, 2010 at 6:43 am

Very nice. All the best!

God bless,

Nirupama

Aug. 6, 2010 at 6:45 am
Thank you!

coly33 said...

wow...  i loved this poem im going to print it out (i dont do that alot) i really related to it just... really good and ur standing up for yourself its wonderful i really like the title by the way

:)

Aug. 6, 2010 at 2:42 am
 Thank u very much!! it means a lot to me. Actually I wrote this in my personal diary...but then the other day when I was reading it...I thought to myself that I shouldn't be hiding my feelings...so I decided to get it published and tell the world what I have decided.

pramod4u said...
Aug. 5, 2010 at 1:46 am

hey m truly scared yr..................

nice again...............

Aug. 5, 2010 at 1:49 am
Hey thnx a lot !