The Gap | Teen Ink

The Gap

It seems like forever since you left,
I'm getting tired of your crap and your fake tears.
You only call me every once in a blue moon and when I pick up the phone; I hope to hear your sweet voice but all that responses is the static on the other end.
Send a text twenty minutes later explaining you hung up because you were scared that I would yell,
I find myself waiting by the phone more than I go to work; I even carry the phone into the bathroom hoping the next phone call is you saying your on your way home.
I don't understand why we drift apart each day,
It seems like you're in space to me somehow I know you're never comin' back.
Pissed that I'm stuck here all the time with our kids not mine; our kids the ones we made together; the ones we should be raising together as a family,
Some days I feel so alone and so lost when our kids go "Daddy when's mommy coming home, daddy we love her why'd you send her away? We hate you daddy, we want mommy instead of you. We miss her."
I look in their eyes and reply "Daddy misses her too."
The sheer look in their eyes; they're lost, distort, they are daddy's little zombies.
You haven't seen this kids since god knows when,
It sure hasn't been after 'Cane Katrina.
Maybe you're scared, lost, distort,
Well honey I got news for you; you're a wife and a mother live up to the title.
Nothing will ever change your title no such thing as a promotion in a family,
We try our best to keep the thought of you in our minds some days it seems like you passed; still after all these years little Johny still thinks you went to the store and you'll be home in a few.
I'm no superhuman; come home we need you to complete the family photo; yeah the one above the fireplace. Remember it was the only one you showed up for our first Christmas as a whole.

Well, i wrote this because of my anger ahaha I don't know why. Why do people write? Why do people eat? It's just a way of life. PERIOD.

crubs33 DIAMOND, Lido Beach, New York

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud."- Coco Chanel
Life isn't about surviving the storm, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

This is amazing... i can just feel the power and inspiration!! If you could please rate and comment on my work that would be great!! thanks and ur sooo good!!!

on Aug. 4 2010 at 8:07 am
PoeticTouch GOLD, Saida, Other

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow

this is sooo moving! i like it...you did a great job:) check out some of my work if u can:) thankss.