My Life in a Nutshell This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

My life in a nutshell
Can get pretty cramped sometimes,
but I can't complain.
I sleep alone in a brazilnut bed
and keep all my things
in a drawer on the filbert floor.
Cameras
Confliction
Color
And a love for anything old.
My chestnut companions are lined up on the walnut wall,
and my thoughts are stored in an unreachable cashew corner
under the macadamia mattress.
It's great, really,
except for the occasional instance
when he steps on my almond abode
with his nutcracker nescience,
sending it to pieces.

asofnowThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Very very nice. Especially the amount of figurative techniques going on. The alliteration with the 'c'. The reoccuring images of nuts. The first line that tied everything together.

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is really clever! Thanks for writing it; it made me smile.

lindseymarie This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you so much; your comment made me smile. I really appreciate it :)

Annie-kins said...

I absolute love this poem!  It's a style I've never really seen before-- alliteration with a theme!  I love it!

Was this poem the result of a prompt?

Thank you!

Alliteration rocks!

Not quite a prompt...I was thinking over the phrase "in a nutshell", and thought about taking it one step further, and more literally. And that's sort of how it happened.