Life is Just Another Journey

Life is a journey which presents you with abysmal valleys, and lofty peaks.
Climbing up to the peaks, which are bathed in the glory of the sun, radiant and glowing with brilliance.
Or if it then casts you down deep into a cavernous gorge, a place shrouded from sight by a tangible darkness, never lose your hope.
Whichever direction is presented before you, there are always obstacles to overcome.
Obstacles which may require a companion, someone you believe in, someone you love.
As these obstacles are overcome and you make your way to the peaks, enjoy the brilliance and share it, cherish it.
If you plummet into a void that seems to engulf your entire being open to those around you, allow them to help you overcome and escape these valleys.
As life goes on and your journey continues; friend, companions and peers form around you.
These networks of people reach out to lend a helping hand to pull you out any darkness, or they share in the glory of a great achievement.
So as you continue on this journey keep your loved ones close, cherish their presence and never take one single second for granted, life is too short to lose even one moment.

Marlyre This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
when you are talking about depths and simmilar things, i think you could've broken up the stanzas in a more visual effect, it would add a varying degree in it and capture your audience even more... good stuff!

wendy said...
Aug. 2, 2010 at 8:53 am

Jake,

This is so inspirational!  I love it!

Wendy

musicbabe428 said...

wow. this is REALLY good!! i wish i could write something like this.